Welcome to Work in Ghana, Ghanaians’ no. 1 platform to connect professionals with opportunities of their lifetime within their own communities. Work in Ghana aims to provide the fastest, efficient and easy to use online job platform that connects qualified candidates with the right businesses. Your Tasks
- Write and edit texts in various formats and lengths for a wide variety of topics in English.
- Proofread and copy-edit texts.
- Condense complex topics into interesting, informative reads for job seeker and employer.
- Collaborate with the management team on new content such as market trend reports.
- Write and adapt texts according to our SEO-standards.
- Perform SEO-related analyses to understand customer preferences and traffic drivers.
- Undergraduate, preferably in journalism/linguistics/marketing/business.
- No Professional experience required Exceptional written native or near-native level of English; knowledge of further languages is a plus.
- Excellent grammar and spelling skills with a good feel for the English language
- Knowledge of SEO, keyword research, and content management systems might be an asset but not a must.
- Self-reliant, efficient, and structured style of working with attention to detail.
- Quick grasp and understanding of new trend topics coupled with good general knowledge.
- An Internship with the possibilities of (paid) bonuses
- Possibility to deepen your knowledge of an industry that matches your interests - and to become an expert
- High level of autonomy
- Great opportunities for personal growth and responsibility
- Opportunity to grow quickly into mentor and/or leadership role
- Trainings in professional tools as well as languages
- Dynamic, international team
- A team-oriented transfer of know-how
2 weeks ago
Work In Ghana is committed to bringing economic opportunities to Ghanaian job seekers and connecting them with Businesses. The Business Development & Sales Managers main job is to go out in person and convince Local Employers to sign up to the Work In Ghana website. The Business Development & Sales Manager has to plan the best ways to achieve this goal and report weekly on challenges, ideas, feedback from companies and progress. The ideal candidate will have experience in consistently delivering sales goals and coming up and executing sales strategies and tactics. He/She can voice customer feedback back to the CMO and CTO to help develop a better product. Roles And Responsibilities
- Develop regional territory plans and report on them weekly
- Understand and mechanize the inputs and outputs of the business
- Partner with CMO to test, measure, and execute ideas to win local business
- Partner with CTO Product to provide customer perspective as well as customer-driven product improvement ideas
- Take ownership in the process of acquiring and onboarding Work In Ghana Business customers
- Present results in weekly and monthly business review meetings to key internal stakeholders and executives
- HND Degree minimum requirement
- Previous management and/or operations experience, including front line and second level leadership roles
- Track record of consistently meeting or exceeding sales targets
- Exceptional and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team, on multiple projects
- Working knowledge of B2B sales, procurement processes, and experience working with senior management in an organization
- Active listener and effective communicator
- Ability to prioritize and demonstrate relentless discipline in achieving goals
- Proven ability to influence others
- Willingness to roll up his/her sleeves
- Knowledge of how to use Google Sheets Knowledge
1 month ago
- BS degree or equivalent practical experience in a STEM field such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Biology, Economics or other disciplines.
- Experience with coding in Python, C/C++, or Java.
- Research experience in machine learning or AI techniques (e.g. open source project(s), campus lab experience, research internship(s), or publication(s)).
- Ability to collaborate and communicate across multiple teams (in a multi-disciplinary environment)
- Passion for the field of Machine Learning Research
About the job
The Google AI Residency Program is a role designed to advance your career in machine learning research with a minimum commitment of 12 months (and extendable up to 18 months). The goal of the residency is to help residents become productive and successful AI researchers. Residents collaborate with distinguished scientists from various Google AI teams working on machine learning applications and problems. Take a look at the impactful research done by earlier cohorts. Google aspires to be an organization that reflects the globally diverse audience that our search engine and tools serve. We believe that in addition to hiring the best talent, a diversity of perspectives, ideas and cultures leads to the creation of better products and services. We encourage applications from individuals underrepresented in the engineering and tech industry. There is always more information out there, and the Research and Machine Intelligence team has a never-ending quest to find it and make it accessible. We're constantly refining our signature search engine to provide better results, and developing offerings like Google Instant, Google Voice Search and Google Image Search to make it faster and more engaging. We're providing users around the world with great search results every day, but at Google, great just isn't good enough. We're just getting started.
2 months ago
Background CRS has been implementing humanitarian relief and development activities in Ghana since 1968. Through local partners, CRS has development programming in WASH, agriculture, youth livelihoods, migration and health; with donors USAID, The Helmsley Charitable Trust and AGRA. CRS' main programming, office and staff are concentrated in the northern regions of the country with a small representation office in the capital city of Accra. The CRS Ghana country program has over 70 national employees and 3 international staff. With an FY20 board approved budget of $5.7 million, coupled with strong donor and private sector interest in supporting CRS' work in the country, significant growth opportunities exist for the country program especially from innovative financing mechanisms. Job Responsibilities
- Champion and lead the vision, mission and strategy. Lead the design of medium and long-term goals. Ensure program and operations leads coordinate their objectives in alignment with the strategy.
- Ensure that all projects meet and exceed donor expectations and are designed and implemented for maximum impact and reach. Ensure the CRS program quality standards are adhered to per MEAL policy and procedures.
- Effectively manage senior programming and operations talent and supervise. Manage team dynamics and staff well-being. Provide coaching and mentoring for HOP and Head of Operations. Strategically tailor individual development plans and complete performance assessments for direct reports. Oversee the development of staffing plans for large and complex projects and the recruitment process of senior staff.
- Lead the development of strategic partnerships with national and international organizations that leverages resources, reputation, and expertise in line with CRS partnership principles. Ensure strong representation to key stakeholders, including Church partners, local and national government, US government and international donors.
- Manage and mitigate risk through monitoring national and regional issues that may impact staff and programming. Ensure all staff understand and adhere to CRS staff safety and security policies and plans and ensure the updating of such plans.
- Promote, uphold and model a commitment to the efficient use of agency and donor resources. Ensure compliance in operations functions. Provide oversight and analysis regarding monthly expenditures.
- Lead and direct the pursuit of strategic growth opportunities, prepositioning and capture planning.
- Create and maintain proper conditions for learning. Establish a safe environment for sharing of ideas, solutions, and difficulties and the capacity to detect, analyze and respond quickly to deficiencies. Promote accountability, learning and knowledge management overseeing application of the MEAL policy, as well as cross-sectoral and cross-department learning.
- Master's degree in international development, International Relations or a related field.
- 10 or more years' experience managing complex relief and development programs.
- Demonstrated experience successfully managing a variety of complex, high-value projects from multiple international donors, including USAID and other USG donors, the EU, DFID, and foundations; understanding of relevant donor regulations.
- Experience engaging partners and strengthening partnerships. Experience working with Church partners, host governments and the private sector, a plus.
- Staff management experience and abilities that are conducive to a learning environment. Experience coaching and mentoring senior program staff.
- Ability to represent the agency at high levels.
- Experience in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio), Web Conferencing Applications, and information and budget management systems.
- Excellent strategic, analytical, systems thinking, and problem-solving skills, with capacity to see the big picture and ability to make sound judgment and decisions.
- Excellent relations management abilities. Ability to relate to people at all levels internally and externally. Strategic in how you approach each relationship.
- Team leadership abilities with diverse/multi-disciplinary teams. Coaching/mentoring skills.
- Strong communications and presentation skills; able to develop tailored and persuasive messaging for varied audiences.
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented.
- External Host country government officials at all levels, Catholic Church leadership, donors, private sector, heads of international agencies, partners, etc.
- Internal: WARO Regional Director, WARO DRD/PQ, WARO DRD/MQ, WARO RFO and WARO Regional Technical Advisors, OO_HQ departments, including IDEA and PIQA, Mission and Mobilization, Charitable Giving, Finance and Human Resources.
- Supervisory Head of Programs (HoP), Head of Operations (HoOPs) and the Ghana and Liberia Business Development Specialist
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
2 months ago
We are looking for a master multi-tasker with excellent communication skills and an upbeat attitude. Candidates should be able to assist management and all visitors to the company by handling office tasks, providing polite and professional assistance via phone, mail, and e-mail, making reservations or travel arrangements, and generally being a helpful and positive presence in the workplace. Answer and direct phone calls Organize and schedule appointments Plan meetings and take detailed minutes Write and distribute email, correspondence memos, letters, faxes and forms Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports Develop and maintain a filing system Update and maintain office policies and procedures Order office supplies and research new deals and suppliers Maintain contact lists Book travel arrangements Submit and reconcile expense reports Provide general support to visitors Act as the point of contact for internal and external clients Liaise with executive and senior administrative assistants to handle requests and queries from senior managers Requirements Proven experience as an administrative assistant, virtual assistant or office admin assistant Knowledge of office management systems and procedures Working knowledge of office equipment, like printers and fax machines Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, in particular) Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work Attention to detail and problem solving skills Excellent written and verbal communication skills Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
2 months ago
We are looking for the right people — people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world’s largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry. Job Description: - Under broad direction, leads operations within a specified segment of the Company for the purpose of ensuring the delivery of quality customer service, world-class safety, and business segment growth that maximizes shareholder value. - Maintains customer contacts for the purpose of assessing local needs and service quality. - Serves as a liaison for Halliburton Energy Services Business Development. - Collaborates with Halliburton Energy Services Business Development and Technology managers to develop and implement local product and service pricing strategies and technology initiatives. - Job role directly effects the profitability and reputation of the organization. - Skills are typically acquired through the completion of an undergraduate degree in a related Engineering discipline and a minimum 8 years of progressive experience in the energy services industry. Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation. Location Cantonments, Accra, , , Ghana
2 months ago
Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers. Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery. With over 3,000 employees in 14 countries spanning across 6 African regions, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation. We are looking for talented people with a passion for Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey! Main responsibilities:
- Maintaining a positive, empathetic and professional attitude toward vendors at all times.
- Responding promptly to vendor inquiries.
- Communicating with vendors through various channels (phone, email, social media
- Acknowledging and resolving vendor complaints.
- Communicating and coordinating with colleagues as necessary.
- Providing feedback on the efficiency of the VXP process.
- Ensure Vendor satisfaction and provide professional support to all vendors.
- Higher National Diploma, First Degree or equivalent.
- Ability to stay calm when vendors are stressed or upset.
- Juggle with data and proficient with report presentation
- Experience working with customer support
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth given the challenges that we propose you to take
2 months ago
Overview of Job Description • To assist the Security Manager in managing a team to ensure the maintenance of law and order and safeguarding (prevention/detection/protection) of the Company’s assets (life and property) within the Process Plant. Responsibilities • Effectively model value-based behaviours and apply all managerial leadership practices in relation to Subordinates; • Build and maintain a team of Subordinates capable of doing the necessary work; • Appraise performance of security operations within Process Plant by regular inspections and audits in order to improve on level of security; • Communicate all changes to policies, procedures and codes team within area of accountability; • Connect & coordinate with various interest group within Process Plant; • Consult/Advise with line management regarding security practices; • Coordinate and monitor bullion dispatches; • Assist in the development of an operational plan with a 3 month to 1-year duration for the Security Function; • Evaluate current access/surveillance systems for effectiveness within Processing Plant; • Initiate appropriate security actions and practices; • Render technical advice to key stakeholders e.g. plant personnel, and line management on matters such as trends, systems, policies, procedures and codes; • Represent the business unit on various forums if applicable; • Propose/Recommend changes to existing policies, procedures and codes to ensure effectiveness; • Manage the implementation of approved changes to security systems within Processing Plant; • Analyze appropriate security actions and practices by checking weekly reports on all incidents and crime reported; • Implement operational plans in accordance of Threat & Risk analysis in area of accountability. • Identify and initiate investigations in areas of concern; • Analyze new trends in crime or up rises in statistics within Processing Plant and take appropriate action; • Investigate all reported crime; • Ensure screening practices for all employees employed in positions of trust where applicable; • Ensure appropriate admin systems for personnel data, crime registers, bullion despatch registers, reports, etc. are in place within area of accountability; • Coordinate the administration of various security functions within area of accountability • Develop and propose annual budget and monitor expenditure monthly; • Assist in forecasting next budget cycle requirements; • Continuously identify and maintain cost savings initiatives; • Identify and access all hazards and risks; • Initiate regular risk assessments within area of accountability and update AURISK accordingly. • Model behaviour that is consistent with AGAG Health and Safety Vision and Values; • Contribute to the identification of risks, resolve and escalate issues that impact on area of accountability; • Maintain processes that facilitate a safe work environment e.g. lead safety toolbox talks, inspect planned task observations, review job safety analysis documentation and conduct work inspections to all employees and external service providers undertaking work within area of accountability to reduce the number of significant hazards towards zero lost time injuries; • Promote Health and Safety at the workplace with a view of Zero Tolerance. Requirements Qualification Required & Experience • Relevant tertiary qualification in Security, ASIS CPP or equivalent • Relevant professional investigations training / qualification (CSMP, PSI, etc.) • A working knowledge in the Laws and Justice System of Ghana Experience • Five (5) to seven (7) years of security/asset protection related experience with direct exposure in the fields of Operations, Process Plant and Security administration at any Security Leader level. • Experience and skilled knowledge in investigations will be an advantage Technical Competencies • Qualified Firearm Instructor; • Must have a valid driving license. Leadership Competencies • Foster teamwork and encourage innovation and originality; • Take initiatives; • Demonstrate high level of trust and honesty; • Apply ethical considerations in daily activities
2 months ago
Overview of Job Description • To provide technical support to the Systems Administrator and ensure system availability (maintenance of existing systems /installation of new systems) and peak performance of security systems. • This role will play critical part in ensuring that the security management plan is successfully implemented for the redevelopment of the Obuasi mine. Responsibilities • Ensure all equipment / material required to perform duties are in good working order • Liaise with Systems Administrator on request and feedback on specific new installations, equipment and materials • Ensure availability for afterhours call out on equipment/ system failure or breakdown • Ensure confidentiality is maintained on all password information change. • Document/Log into daily maintenance book every activity carried out and submit for signing by the Systems Administrator • Conduct maintenance on CCTV equipment, intruder protection systems, realignment of beams; repairs to brackets, access control, mechanical and electrical operations of automated gates and lowering of high masts. • Conduct basic maintenance on mechanical and electrical operations of turnstiles and access systems; • Required to safely use power tools as per specified applications: angle grinder, drill machine, portable welder, etc.; • Perform testing of Fibre networks, power reticulation and CCTV reticulation; • Conduct test and fix defective cameras, DSS units, network connectivity, power issues, metal detector/ triggers/ audio at all system locations (STP, KMS, GCS etc.). Assist the Senior Technician remit during his absence (intruder alarm and access control). • Collate and document records of alarm and other systems configurations for audit purpose. • Visit the control room to ascertain of any challenges every morning. • Attend departmental Safety meetings in time report technical issues and new installations every Monday and Friday • Report and log all required technical works digitally into the Global Security Management System (GSIMS) -Technical Request • Attend scheduled Security meetings when required • Promote AGAG organizational values e.g. responsible behaviour, respect, honesty and integrity • Maintain a high level of mental and physical fitness required to perform the job i.e. legal aspect, procedures and technological advancements and fitness • Liaise on a daily basis with Systems Administrator on issues of importance. • Identify and report all Safety and Health hazards. • Adhere to all Safety and Health regulations within the work place. • Promote Safety and Health in the workplace with a view of Zero Tolerance. Requirements Qualification Required & Experience • Diploma, Senior High School or equivalent. Experience • Two (2) years' Security Systems experience or other Technical exposure. • Experience and skilled knowledge in investigations will be an advantage Technical Competencies • Completed Electrical Competency requirements; • Basic knowledge of Electronics • Must have knowledge of the laws of Ghana and legal codes Leadership Competencies • Solving problems and analyzing issues, driving for results
2 months ago
Responsibilities • Assign, schedule and monitor the tasks of service station personnel. • Greet and receive customers and guests in a courteous manner. • Answer and resolve customer needs and objectives. • Ensure joyous experience to customers and guests through cool pleasant services. • Participate in cross-functional team meetings and events to enhance quality in services. • Maintain inventory controls of materials, items and products. • Maintain the service station premises in a neat and organized manner. • Maintain good relationships with the vendors and suppliers. • Bill and collect payments from customers for services rendered. Requirements • HND/First Degree in relevant field
2 months ago