AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited is currently on a journey to redevelop the Obuasi Gold Mine into a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation will be fully mechanized, designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Senior Maintenance Planner – Underground.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The Senior Maintenance Planner – Underground is accountable for the development and implementation of maintenance planning using the SAP modules designated through the application of operational engineering policies, standards, systems and procedures to maximize plant availability in a sustainable cost-effective manner and minimize operational risks in order to meet the business’ strategic objective.
- Responsible for Safety, Environmental, and Social Responsibility policies for the section and accept personal responsibility for the health and safety of every mine worker under or assigned to his/her supervision.
- Ensure safe planning of Underground Infrastructure refurbishment and/or construction activities and compliance with classified plant and electrical safety obligations to meet safety targets.
- Support and make room for continuous improvement of safety performance.
- Support the Maintenance Planning Manager to plan all underground infrastructure and equipment refurbishment activities.
- Support and advise the refurbishment project and maintenance team with accurate work plans.
- Liaise with the Planning Manager and Project Manager to set work program and target milestones for each phase based on the project plan.
- Monitor critical activities based on the project schedule and advise project management.
- Prepare and submit updated work program and cash flow curve showing actual progress and identify areas of weakness and establish means and methods for recovery, if any
- Monitor day to day work progress and prepare the weekly and monthly program and report.
- Maintain and record update of site work progress obtained from Project Managers and Engineering Manager.
- Support the provision of master project schedule updates with respect to refurbishment and maintenance activities
- Support the rollout, implementation and training of SAP maintenance system and smooth transition of the system into the operational phase in the Underground infrastructure to ensure the operating team is appropriately trained and proficient in using the SAP system, to support a smooth transition into operations.
- Proactively manage change to avoid potential project cost and schedule overruns.
- Ensure spares inventory supports current and future planning requirements.
- Identify and implement opportunities to help prevent reoccurring failures that may adversely impact on production.
- Provide inputs into the identification of reliability monitoring by recognizing irregular and unusual repetition of potential maintenance activities.
- Ensure asset purchases are effectively and efficiently done in through structured system that is consistent with AGA policies.
- Provide input to due diligence for procuring goods and services to support the refurbishment work and maintenance plan.
- Adhere to procurement procedures and processes.
- Ensure cost codes are correctly allocated to all refurbishment activities.
- Assist in the development of quality and performance reporting metrics.
- Responsible for Underground Infrastructure Maintenance Planning team in terms of work management, capability
- and capacity building to support project refurbishment activities and a smooth transition into operation
- Interface with Contractors and/or Construction teams regarding refurbishment works to planned works that support the overall work plan, schedule and expectations.
- Interface with the operational readiness team, particularly around the rollout and implementation of SAP.
- Ensure training, development and performance management of individuals in the Underground infrastructure Maintenance Planning team are run effectively.
- Complete the skills matrix and maintain up-to-date
- Identify skill deficiencies and initiate corrective action
- Produce Daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly reports accurately and timely information that clearly convey the status of refurbishment works and SAP asset maintenance management system rollout.
- Advise refurbishment and maintenance works progress and KPI status to the Planning Manager, particularly potential cost, schedule or quality variances.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor Degree or equivalent tertiary qualification in a relevant (mechanical or electrical) engineering discipline.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience as maintenance planner/supervisor in mining operations.
- Project planning highly regarded.
- Preferably owner’s team, multi-disciplined, design,
- Construction and commissioning experience, with contractor management experience, within a large blue-chip mining or resources environment.
- Primavera/MS Project
- Multi-disciplined engineering and construction experience.
- Familiar with HSE management systems.
- Managerial leadership and technical skills relevant to the provision of maintenance services.
- Process plant operation and maintenance practices.
- Highly flexible, able to balance competing demands/priorities.
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Audit, compliance and governance.
- Able to mentor and coach personnel.
- Ability to present to management and key stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal, communication, influencing, motivational and organizational skills
- Demonstrated capacity to make sound and timely decisions, by quickly assembling the facts to develop action priorities
- Lead by example, displaying technical and managerial leadership.
- Professional approach to maintaining contractor, authority and client relationships.
- Able to work harmoniously with a diverse array of personnel.
- Mentor and develop personnel.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships, with a range of stakeholders.
- Displaying high levels of integrity and honesty
- Goal-orientated self-starter.
- Maximize performance, solving problems and analyzing issues to ensure best for project outcomes.
Interested Ghanaians with the above qualification and experience should submit their applications, with detailed CV.