Overview of Job Description
• To provide technical support to the Systems Administrator and ensure system availability (maintenance of existing systems /installation of new systems) and peak performance of security systems.
• This role will play critical part in ensuring that the security management plan is successfully implemented for the redevelopment of the Obuasi mine.
• Ensure all equipment / material required to perform duties are in good working order
• Liaise with Systems Administrator on request and feedback on specific new installations, equipment and materials
• Ensure availability for afterhours call out on equipment/ system failure or breakdown
• Ensure confidentiality is maintained on all password information change.
• Document/Log into daily maintenance book every activity carried out and submit for signing by the Systems Administrator
• Conduct maintenance on CCTV equipment, intruder protection systems, realignment of beams; repairs to brackets, access control, mechanical and electrical operations of automated gates and lowering of high masts.
• Conduct basic maintenance on mechanical and electrical operations of turnstiles and access systems;
• Required to safely use power tools as per specified applications: angle grinder, drill machine, portable welder, etc.;
• Perform testing of Fibre networks, power reticulation and CCTV reticulation;
• Conduct test and fix defective cameras, DSS units, network connectivity, power issues, metal detector/ triggers/ audio at all system locations (STP, KMS, GCS etc.). Assist the Senior Technician remit during his absence (intruder alarm and access control).
• Collate and document records of alarm and other systems configurations for audit purpose.
• Visit the control room to ascertain of any challenges every morning.
• Attend departmental Safety meetings in time report technical issues and new installations every Monday and Friday
• Report and log all required technical works digitally into the Global Security Management System (GSIMS) -Technical Request
• Attend scheduled Security meetings when required
• Promote AGAG organizational values e.g. responsible behaviour, respect, honesty and integrity
• Maintain a high level of mental and physical fitness required to perform the job i.e. legal aspect, procedures and technological advancements and fitness
• Liaise on a daily basis with Systems Administrator on issues of importance.
• Identify and report all Safety and Health hazards.
• Adhere to all Safety and Health regulations within the work place.
• Promote Safety and Health in the workplace with a view of Zero Tolerance.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Diploma, Senior High School or equivalent.
• Two (2) years’ Security Systems experience or other Technical exposure.
• Experience and skilled knowledge in investigations will be an advantage
• Completed Electrical Competency requirements;
• Basic knowledge of Electronics
• Must have knowledge of the laws of Ghana and legal codes
• Solving problems and analyzing issues, driving for results