Reporting to the Lead, Programs Finance, the Partner, Programs Finance will oversee all financial aspects of our program partnerships in country, including due diligence, reporting and contracting. This is an opportunity to influence and support our growth across Africa in co-ordination with our head office in Toronto. The successful candidate will also be the primary Finance contact for the Program Leads in Ghana. As such, the individual must be highly motivated, innovative, and results-oriented, with strong listening skills and the ability to build effective working relationships.
As the scope and scale of our work across Africa grows, the Finance team structure and processes will also change. The ability to be flexible and adaptable, and a willingness to support wherever needed, are critical to our joint success.
WAYS YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE
- Manage the full cycle of program partner contracts, i.e. Expression of Interest (EOI), proposal, contract approval, program execution and monitoring, and program completion.
- Guide and train external program partners on all financial aspects of contract execution, including budgeting and reporting, due diligence, and Canadian regulatory requirements.
- Provide financial expertise and advice internally to the Foundation’s Programs team on the development and implementation of comprehensive programming strategies.
- Provide ad-hoc data and support for learning and evaluation activities, including analysis of program outputs and value-for-money.
- Maintain accurate and timely financial documentation and data, and report on contract commitments, disbursements, and cash flow projections.
- Monitor program spend against budget, and provide analysis and recommendations on proposed changes.
- Accountable for compliance with local and international financial regulations and requirements, e.g. Canada Revenue Agency standards, anti-money laundering and anti-terrorism laws, etc.
- Travel (within Ghana, across Africa and to Canada) 15-20%.
- Other duties and responsibilities as required.
WHO YOU ARE
- An ICA-Ghana or equivalent (e.g. UK ACA, South Africa CA, etc.), with a university degree in accounting, audit, finance or related field.
- Minimum 4 years of progressive financial roles within large and/or global organizations. Previous work in the development sector an asset.
- Exceptional business, analytical and project management skills, with a high level of attention to detail.
- Excellent communicator, able to establish and maintain strong relations with diverse stakeholder groups.
- Results driven and self-disciplined, with a strong sense of team and common purpose to achieve ambitious goals.
- Flexible, intellectually curious and open, you are comfortable with ambiguity, receptive to new ideas and willing to learn and change.
- Able to formulate and develop a new or creative approach to a problem and inspire others on the team to do so as well.
- Proficient in MS Office applications, particularly Excel.
- Fluency in English required; bilingual (French and English) preferred.
- Professional maturity, sensitivity with different cultures, and impeccable integrity that exemplify the Foundation’s values.
- You are flexible, adaptable, and able to execute a range of job duties and changing priorities.
- You possess excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills with the ability to articulate information to a variety of constituents across cultures.
- You possess professional maturity, sensitivity with different cultures, and impeccable integrity that exemplify the Foundation’s values.
Mastercard Foundation values the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the organization and we are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone.
Completion of satisfactory business references and/or proof of education, as well as background checks (criminal, credit and social media) are essential conditions of employment.
If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please contact the People and Culture Department at email@example.com. We will work with you to provide a positive recruitment experience in a confidential manner.