Responsible for mixing paints, matching colours, preparing surfaces, and applying paint to these surfaces. May perform touch-ups or coordinate large painting projects related to the construction industry.
Painter Job Duties:
- Preparing painting surfaces by washing walls, repairing holes, or removing old paint
- Mixing, matching, and applying paints and other finishes to various surfaces
- Providing decorative and faux finishes as the project requires
- Handling planning and prep work in an efficient manner
- Preparing the surrounding area by covering with cloth or plastic to prevent messes
- Moving furniture and equipment as necessary to reach the entire surface of the project
- Calculating the amount of materials and time required for said project
- Removing fixtures such as door knobs and light switch covers
- Taping off areas as needed
- Choosing and purchasing paint, brushes, and other supplies from vendors
- Quoting and negotiating job prices
- Cleaning up supplies and replacing fixtures when project is complete
- Communicating with clients to ensure they’re getting the look they’re hoping for
Painter Skills and Qualifications:
- Diploma or degree is required; understanding of colour theory and various finish types (although on-the-job training may be provided)
- Ability to climb ladders.
- Ability to carry heavy equipment (including painting tools and heavy buckets of paint) Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills; good customer service skills (when assisting clients in choosing the right materials)
- Good mathematical skills for calculating surfaces and equipment requirements.
- Outstanding physical dexterity.
- Strong ability to follow directions and exceptional sense of creativity
MODE OF APPLICATION
Prospective candidates are requested to submit (in soft copy ONLY) an application letter together with the following:
a. A detailed Curriculum Vitae together with relevant supporting documents, including names and addresses of three (3) referees.