Halcom Management Services are looking for dynamic, customer-focussed personnel for a new state of the art hospital facility in Accra, Ghana scheduled to open in the second quarter 2021.
Facilities and services provided include emergency unit, surgical, medical, paediatric and maternity wards, cath lab, urology, renal, ophthalmology, theatres, radiology, pathology, physiotherapy, pharmacy and diet therapy.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
• To liaise appropriately with all key members of the multidisciplinary team. Provide assistance to the consulting Specialist/medical practitioner as required.
• Preparation and checking of equipment prior to procedure and preparation of procedure trolley.
• Chaperoning of female patients during consultation and clinical examination.
• Preparation of pre and post assessment clinic paperwork as well as with administration tasks including referrals to other departments as required
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
• Preparation and checking of equipment prior to procedure and preparation of procedure trolley
• Post procedure assistance such as applying pressure to arrest bleeding, specimen collection, ensuring safe disposal of blood products and sharp instruments according to infection control policy.
• Management of histology specimens as required ensuring accuracy of information.
• Ensuring pre-and post-procedure that the patient’s details and paperwork is checked and signed as required.
• Maintaining effective communication links by stablishing an effective network with team members and other departments and disciplines
• Dealing effectively with clients whether in person or on the telephone
• Ensuring the highest standard of individualized care is delivered at all times. Providing empathetic emotional support to patients as required.
• Having an awareness and understanding of the department protocols and procedures and carrying out all procedures within the guidelines laid down by the department and professional bodies
• Strictly adhering to department and Hospital infection control policies and procedures.
• Stock control and management.
• Ensuring there are sufficient supplies of gloves and alcohol gel hand rub available throughout the department to enable effective infection control procedures.
• Cleaning and restocking clinical rooms daily including cleaning procedure trolleys and replacing sharps bins.
• Assisting in the maintenance of a safe environment for staff, patients and visitors and to ensure that all equipment is in safe working order.
• Ensuring confidentiality and safekeeping of patient records.
• Giving exceptional customer service and care to service users, staff, colleagues, clients and patients alike
• Maintaining confidentiality at all times in all matters relating to patient care and staff.
• Giving clerical and secretarial assistance to the department Nurses by photocopying paperwork or typing clinical letters as required
• Co-operating with management in ensuring that all statutory and other requirements are complied with.
Qualification Required & Experience
• WASSCE/SSCE or equivalent
• 1 – 3 years previous work experience in preferably in health care or health services.
• Experience and knowledge of working with patients.
• Evidence of relevant personal development.
• Excellent communication and organisational skills.
• The ability to prioritise, work independently as well as within a team.
• Data inputting skills.
• Excellent customer-service and interpersonal skills