Since 1963 and in 146 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development and food security in order to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil society.
Chief of Party, Trade and Investment Activity, Ghana
ACDI/VOCA is seeking a Chief of Party for the anticipated USAID Trade and Investment Activity in Ghana. This forward-thinking activity will address investment promotion and trade facilitation based on commercial opportunities and government political will to improve trade and investment enabling environment. The project will facilitate transformation of agricultural sector through: a) Investment Promotion, b) Trade Facilitation, and c) Small Medium Enterprise (SME) development. The activity is funded by USAID and is envisioned to start in 2020.
The Chief of Party will oversee all technical activities and staff with an adaptive management approach to project implementation. The Chief of Party will lead engagement efforts to closely collaborate with the relevant government agencies, international donor community and private sector actors to set foundation for sustainable trade, investment and entrepreneurship ecosystem. The position is based in Accra, Ghana.
- Lead a team of technical experts and facilitators to engage a large number of business development services providers, networking organizations, and other stakeholders
- Spearhead strategy development and utilize managerial tools and frameworks to improve the ability of the team to successfully and sustainably achieve project goals.
- Use a market-led, facilitation-based, locally-driven and adaptive management approach to project implementation.
- Facilitate the development of the project’s evolving theory of change, oversee the implementation of the work plan, and track progress towards core indicators and learning objectives.
- Serve as the primary liaison with USAID, sharing learning, presenting progress, troubleshooting, and securing buy-in for strategic improvements that enable the project to maximize the scale and sustainability of its impact and the value of USAID’s investment.
- Engage, coordinate, and collaborate with other donors and implementing partners active in the ecosystem.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in technical advisory and project management of programs targeting investment promotion, trade facilitations, SME growth, impact investing, or a combination of the above.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in economics, finance, marketing, business administration, agribusiness, or related area.
- Previous experience as a Chief of Party, Team Leader, or similar senior management position for projects with similar magnitude and complexity in developing countries is preferred.
- Experience with USAID programs and knowledge of USAID rules and regulations desired but not necessary.
- Previous experience working in Africa preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding of investment and trade constrains in emerging economies.
- A positive attitude and willingness to adaptively manage projects and partners in complex environments.
- Excellent writing, oral presentation and communication skills.
- Fluency in English required.
Please apply online at www.acdivoca.org/international-jobs. The applications will be reviewed promptly upon receipt, only finalists will be contacted. ACDI/VOCA is a n equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply.