Gold Fields Ghana seeks to engage the services of a dedicated and experienced individual for the position of Assistant Investigations Officer. Within delegated authority, the incumbent will perform day-to-day activities for the effective and efficient functioning of the investigations process and enforcement related issues.
- Assist in the planning, organization, and conduct of investigations concerning alleged violations.
- Gather and analyze information, including in electronic and digital format, and assist in determining credibility and reliability.
- Assist with the preparation of analytical reports, and documentation including investigative findings.
- Support undercover activities and contribute to the evidentiary strategies for case file building.
- Conduct field inquiries and research into the background of individuals and companies that are related to an investigation.
- Manage the complaints system to ensure that all complaints communicated are carefully handled and appropriate follow-up action is taken.
- Attend court and other legal proceedings to provide evidence on matters as may be required.
- Tertiary qualification in Security Management, Social Science or related field
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a similar role within the mining environment.
- Previous work experience in a State Law Enforcement Agency will be an added advantage.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office applications, i.e. Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and extensive knowledge in undercover investigations
- A valid Ghanaian driver’s license and proficiency in driving light vehicles.